July 19, 2016
10:00 am - 11:00 am
This Workshop, from Wrays and the Resources Innovation Group (RIG), will help you better understand the value of your intellectual property assets and how these can be better managed to underpin a commercial strategy. Peter Caporn and Albert Ferraloro of Wrays and on behalf of RIG will discuss the following:
• Understanding the IP landscape and how it can direct R&D and business activities
• Practices to identify, capture and evaluate new IP
• Different types of IP and how these can be leveraged in your business
• Managing employee and contractor relationships to avoid IP issues
• Extracting greater value from IP
About the Speakers
Peter Caporn, Principal, Wrays – Peter has 26 years’ experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications, the preparation of validity and infringement opinions, as well as the conduct of contentious issues including litigation, opposition and appeal work. Most of Peter’s work is undertaken for clients in the mining and mineral processing space, and he is a Fellow of the AusIMM.
Albert Ferraloro, Principal, Wrays Management & Strategic Services – Albert has over 25 years’ experience in IP, having worked both inhouse and in private practice as a patent attorney and an IP manager. Albert has a vast knowledge of the effective management of IP assets and is very active and well known in innovation, intellectual property, management and commercialisation circles.